You heard it right….3-ingredients to make this ice cream. And, it requires no ice-cream maker. Thus, I call it 3-ingredient no ice-cream maker ice cream! A mouthful to say, but a spot-on title.
This 3-ingredient no ice-cream maker ice cream recipe is incredibly smooth and creamy. You’d never guess it’s not churned.
The 3 ingredients that form the base of this ice cream recipe is heavy whipping cream, sweetened condensed milk, and melted butter. You must really make the whip cream stiff and really firm. One of my tricks to making whipping cream stiff (and it lasts for more than a week in the fridge) is adding a couple of dollops of cream cheese to it. You can find the recipe here >> http://bakerette.com/whipping-cream/. Of course, adding in the cream cheese will make this a 4-ingredient ice cream recipe :p
The 3 ingredients in this ice cream are the base of this recipe, however, you can add in whatever you’d like. My favorite add in? Oreo crumbs. I love Oreo ice cream. Try adding a dash of cinnamon and/or vanilla extract to heighten the flavor.
Because it’s not made in the ice cream maker, you’ll need to plan ahead. It takes anywhere from 12-24 hours in the freezer to completely harden, but I promise it is totally worth it!
This 3-ingredient no ice-cream maker ice cream is:
Simple to make
Requires no ice cream maker
Great with pie!
Low in sodium
If you like this frozen dessert, you might like these other frozen desserts:
- 2 cups heavy cream (35%)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk (Eagle Brand is best)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar (do not use granulated)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Oreo crumbs, chopped cookies, cookie dough, cocoa powder, fruit, Nutella, etc.
- In a large bowl using an electric beater, start beating whipping cream on low and increase to high. Continue beating the whipping cream until stiff peaks form and is very firm (one trick I use to help stiffen it up and remain stabilized, is I add in a couple of heaping tablespoons of cream cheese. Click here for recipe). If you want to sweeten the cream, feel free to add in confectioner's sugar while whipping (start beater on low when you add it in or you'll have sugar spraying out).
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and melted butter. If desired, add cinnamon and vanilla to the mix until well combined.
- Gently fold in whipping cream to the mix until well combined and if desired, fold in any desired mix-ins.
- Store in an air-tight container and freeze for 12 to 24 hours or until very firm.
Recipe by Kittencal’s Kitchen