This 4th of July Cake is ridiculously easy, yet has a wonderful presentation. Light a sparkler in the center of the cake for an added Patriotic display.
This 4th of July Cake recipe is ridiculously easy, yet has a wonderful presentation to celebrate Independence Day in the USA. Just before serving, set a sparkler in the center of the cake and watch it sizzle for a really Patriotic display.
This 4th of July cake is also a great patriotic cake for those countries that have red, white, and blue flags! The cake’s not just made for the USA!
I love our country and am always excited to celebrate the Fourth of July and watch the beautiful fireworks explode in the sky while an audience spread out on chairs or blankets ooooh and awwww at the spectrum of colors daintily spraying out like a big bouquet of flowers. It truly does get you in the patriotic mood.
The last couple of years we’ve been going to my friend’s neighborhood where she and neighbors put on a huge display of food, entertainment, music, and an amazing fireworks show. Everyone brings fireworks to share and the men live out their dream being pyromaniacs as they light up hoards of fireworks that seem to last forever. It’s really relaxing and even comical watching the men strut their stuff. Once all of the fireworks are lit, there is a standing ovation and even a sigh of sadness as the evening fades and the celebration ends. But we carry home the patriotic spirit in our hearts!
God bless America! Land that I love.
- Cake Ingredients
- 1 white box cake mix
- Red and blue food coloring
- Red, white and blue sprinkles
- White vegan buttercream frosting to cover two 8-inch round cakes
- Lightly grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans and set aside.
- Make a white cake according to recipe or package instructions.
- Divide batter into two separate mixing bowls. Add red food coloring to the first bowl of batter to desired intensity. Add blue food coloring to the second bowl to desired intensity. Pour red batter into prepared cake pan and blue batter into second prepared cake pan.
- Bake according to cake instructions. Cool for five minutes in pans before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frost the top of the blue cake, layer with the red cake, and frost the entire cake. Garnish with red, white, and blue sprinkles. For a really festive twist, just before serving, add a sparkler to make this cake sizzle.