Make this quick and easy all-purpose baking mix recipe with just 6 ingredients; stores up to 4 months. It instantly transforms into pancakes, buttery scones, cakes and more.
I’m always leery when I hear that a recipe is the “best”, but, when it’s the best, it’s the best; and this is the best all-purpose baking mix. No dancing around it! :)
Pre-bought baking mixes can be so expensive! But if you plan ahead, you can whip up this all-purpose baking mix in no time and have it on hand for when you’re in a pinch.
Need a cake? Use this baking mix.
Need pancakes? Use this baking mix.
Need buttery scones? Use this baking mix.
It’s that simple.
Use this all-purpose baking mix recipe to make these ultra buttery, tender and flaky cranberry chocolate scones:
Or use the all-purpose baking mix to make light and fluffy pancakes:
And if you’re needing a cake in a pinch, use this all-purpose baking mix to make this vanilla cake recipe:
There are so many possibilities!
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, ground extra fine
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- To make your granulated sugar extra fine, place in a blender and pulse for a few seconds until its ground extra fine. You don't want to over-process it or you will end up with powdered sugar.
- Sift together all ingedients in a large mixing bowl and whisk for a couple of minutes until ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Store in an airtight container in the pantry up to 4 months.
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/4 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup miniature dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or nut of choice)
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil, kept solid
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheight. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add solid coconut oil to baking mix and with a pastry cutter, cut in coconut oil until it resembles course meal.
- Pour in milk, cranberries, chocolate chips and orange zest and gently combine.
- Roll out dough into 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into rectangles. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 1 cup all-purpose baking mix
- 1 cup non-dairy milk
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together baking mix and milk leaving the mixture slightly lumpy.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Add a small amount of cooking spray. Pour 1/3-cup batter onto prepared griddle or skillet. Cook on one side until air bubbles form all over the top and the bottoms are golden brown. Flip the pancake with a spatula and continue cooking on opposite side until bottom is golden brown and cooked through. Serve warm.
- Enjoy with pure maple syrup with fruit on top.
- 2 cups all-purpose baking mix
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 1/4 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with cooking spray or oil; set aside.
- Pour baking mix in a large mixing bowl and make a hole in the center. Add remaining ingredients and whisk together until smooth and creamy and any air bubbles are removed.
- Pour into prepared cake pan. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean and the cake springs back by touch.