This Avocado Tomato Salad Recipe is a colorful medley of fresh herbs and veggies for the perfect spring salad.
Lately I can’t get enough Avocado. I’ve been using it as a spread on my toast, slicing it on my veggie sandwiches, I’ve been eating them whole (minus the pit, of course because that would be awkward, right?), and I’ve been making them into salads.
This Avocado Tomato Salad recipe is no different. It’s a colorful medley of fresh avocado, tomatoes, mushrooms, lettuce, onions, and cilantro. Serve it as a main dish or to complement your main meal. Either way, if you love Avocados, you’ll love this salad. It’s the perfect salad for spring!
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped green lettuce
- 1/4 cup Italian dressing
- 1 large avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine tomato, onion, mushrooms, cucumber and lettuce in a medium-size mixing bowl and toss with salad dressing. Gently toss with avocado. Divide salad in 3-4 salad bowls and garnish with cilantro and basil. Salt and pepper to taste.