Bananas and oatmeal are the perfect combination! These banana-oatmeal pancakes are dairy-free and egg-free. Really delicious and easy to make!
I love oatmeal
AND I love bananas, so this is a perfect combination! These pancakes are really delicious and easy to make and if you are vegan or vegetarian, these pancakes are right up your alley–no dairy or eggs!
- 1 1/2 cups almond or soy milk
- 1 cup quick-cook or steel-cut oatmeal
- 2 medium-size ripe bananas, chopped
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a blender, purée milk and oatmeal until smooth. Add the bananas, flour, salt, and baking powder and purée for a few seconds more until the ingredients are incorporated. Allow the batter to rest for about 10 minutes.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of nonstick cooking spray, then scoop 1/4 cup of the batter for each pancake into the pan.
- Allow the pancakes to cook slowly over medium to low heat (about 5 minutes per side). When the pancakes show air bubbles all over the tops and the bottoms are browned, flip the pancakes with a spatula and cook on the opposite side until brown.