Planning a picnic? Pack this pleasing Bow Tie Pasta Salad and get ready to relax because it is SO easy and SO delish.
There’s so much fresh produce in abundance and what a better way to add some of those fresh vegetables than in a bow tie pasta salad tossed in a creamy Italian dressing. Eat it as a side dish, or toss in some grilled chopped chicken for an amazing main dish! The possibilities are endless.
Some fun mix-ins to try are broccoli and edamame for an extra nutritional punch.
- 1 pound bow tie pasta
- 2 carrots, shredded and chopped
- 1 cup shredded vegan Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup Vegenaise mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- !Optional Mix-ins:
- 1 cup frozen edamame (out of the pods)
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped into bite-size florets
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta in a colander over the sink. Rinse well under cold water and make sure to drain off all liquid. Turn pasta into a large mixing bowl and toss with shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, and olives.
- In a small bowl, whisk together salad dressing, Vegenaise, onion, salt and pepper to taste. Pour over pasta mixture and toss until pasta is well coated. Serve immediately or cover and chill for 2 hours to allow flavors to meld together before serving.
This recipe was featured first at Cooking With Ruthie