If you’re so sick of cheese, please cover your eyes!
I love Mexican food. I love easy recipes. I love CHEESE (as if you didn’t already know that). I love recipes with chicken. And this Mexican food fit the bill. These 30-minute chicken enchiladas are so easy to make. They are made with white chicken, delicious melted cheeses, smothered in a white sauce, and so easily devoured!
Adios for now while I go devour me some enchiladas…
You Might Also Want To Try These Enchiladas:
- 10 soft flour taco shells, medium size
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups Mexican cheese blend, shredded
- 1 cup (8 ounces) chunky salsa, medium heat
- 1 can (4 ounces) green chilies, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a 9 x 13-inch baking pan by lightly spraying with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the shredded chicken, cheese, salsa, chilies, and salt. Spread one large heaping spoonful onto one end of the taco shell. Roll up the taco shell and place it seam side down in the baking pan. Repeat for remaining shells.
- In a sauce pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Stir in flour and cook one minute while stirring constantly to make sure it doesn’t burn. Add chicken broth and whisk until smooth. Stir in the sour cream and remove from heat.
- Pour sauce over the top of the enchiladas making sure to cover in between and the sides of the enchiladas. Top with the remaining cup of cheese.
- Bake for 22 minutes. Turn the broiler on to high and broil for an additional 3 minutes or until cheese is lightly browned.
- Remove from oven. Serve warm with refried beans, Spanish rice, and salad.