Velvety smooth and creamy chocolate pudding that is quick, nutritious, low-cal, dairy-free, and egg-free. No one will know it’s made with silky tofu.
Put “eat chocolate” at the top of your list of things to get done today. That way, at least you’ll get one thing done.
This Chocolate-Tofu Pudding is a quick fix for a chocolate craving. And it’s low-cal and low-fat! Tofu is one of those amazingly versatile foods that you can use in so many different ways. It’s flavor is neutral, allowing it to take on and absorb the flavors with whatever you are cooking. The important step in this recipe is the refrigeration time. The longer you keep the pudding refrigerated, the better and richer the flavor.
- 1 package (14 oz) soft silken tofu
- 2 to 5 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave nectar, to taste
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until completely smooth; scraping down sides as you go. Spoon into small bowls and chill well before serving (about 1-2 hours).