Just as it sounds, this chocolate coconut banana bread is filled with chocolate chips and coconut for a super moist, gooey, and delicious sensation.
I’m a banana bread freak.
So when I saw this Super Moist Chocolate Coconut Banana Bread recipe by Chocolate Covered Katie, I knew I had to make it; because not only was it banana bread, but it was chocolate too!
When I made this super moist chocolate coconut banana bread I knew I had to share it with you because it is the bomb dot com. Seriously.
Do any of you have a chocolate addiction like I do? I have so many chocolate recipes on my blog, that you would be able to indulge yourself for a year!
- I make myself a blueberry chocolate smoothie every morning. I know it’s the chocolate that has me coming back.
- I also love to spread this dairy free version of Nutella on bread; especially my famous Amish white bread recipe
- You can also add the homemade Nutella to a chocolate hazelnut smoothie, or
- Mix the homemade Nutella in hot chocolate to make a deluxe Nutella hot chocolate!
You get the picture.
Not only is this chocolate coconut banana bread made out of chocolate, but chocolate chips are added to it too making it a gooey piece of heaven. This banana bread recipe is:
Very low in cholesterol
No doubt you will want to make this super moist chocolate coconut banana bread because chocolate is the answer. who cares what the question is.
If you love this super moist and gooey chocolate coconut banana bread recipe, you’ll also love my…
Or how about this Gluten Free, healthy Maple Spelt Banana Bread that is low in sugar
If you make this recipe, let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe. Better yet, take a picture of your creation and tag @bakerettejen on Instagram! I’d love to see what you’ve come up with!
- 1 2/3 cup overripe mashed bananas
- 2 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tesaspoon coconut extract (optional)
- 1 tablespoon white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup canned coconut milk (not the milk beverage)
- 2 tablespoons of non-dairy milk
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup or agave
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Generously grease a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan making sure to grease the sides.
- In a large bowl, mix together mashed bananas, vanilla, coconut extract, vinegar, coconut milk, non-dairy milk, maple syrup, and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients and add to wet ingredients. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan and spread out evenly through the pan. Sprinkle desired amount of chocolate chips to top of batter and lightly press down chips into batter with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 35 minutes, turn off oven but do NOT open the door or it will let out sufficient amount of heat to finish baking. Continue baking in hot oven for an additional 10 minutes. If the bread still isn't completely cooked through (which can happen due to climate), turn oven back on to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until a toothpick entered into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool 5 to 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.