I’m getting totally stoked for spring…
Well, technically it IS spring, but when there’s still heavy snow up in the mountains? Well, it still feels like winter. Especially because we had a huge snowstorm (or three) a week or so ago. Ya. We got like 8 inches of snow. I was cursing each day I had to scrape off my windshield. But it quickly melted in a couple of days. Now we’re getting rain mixed with sunshine. I hope the snow thing is done. I hope the cold temperatures are done.
I’m crazy about this healthy salad. It reminds me of all things spring and summer. It’s light. It’s savory. Its flavorful. It’s insanely delicious. It’s chock full of veggies. And it’s good for you! Did I mention it’s an easy recipe? I didn’t? Well, that’s important to know because it IS an easy pasta recipe. It’s hard to imagine something so delicious being good for you. But it is.
Remember when I learned how to reupholster furniture and make slip covers at our last Home & Garden Club meeting and how I featured this Toffee-Apple Dip we had there? Well, we also had this amazing Italian Pasta Salad with Vinaigrette Dressing that my friend Cindy made. Hellooooo! It was love at first site and first bite. So I’m excited to share with you this easy pasta recipe. It’s a cold pasta salad with a light vinaigrette dressing. Perfect for a spring or summer salad.
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 teaspoons McCormick's Hot Shot Pepper
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons Shirley J's Pizza & Pasta Seasoning
- 16 ounces uncooked bow tie, multi-colored spiral or rotini pasta, cooked and drained
- 4-5 cups assorted chopped vegetables (artichoke hearts, sundried tomatoes or tomatoes, black olives, red onion, cucumber, shredded carrots, zucchini, mushrooms, green pepper, etc.)
- 1 cup cubed Cheddar or mozzarella cheese (optional)
- Pepperoni slices (optional)
- In a large bowl, whisk together all ingredients for vinaigrette dressing.
- Add desired chopped vegetables to the vinaigrette and toss. Set aside and allow to marinate while cooking the pasta according to packaged directions.
- Add cooked and drained pasta to the vegetable and vinaigrette mix and toss to coat. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for two or more hours to allow the flavors to meld together before serving.