This coconut lime rice recipe is creamy, coconutty, simple, and delicious. It pairs well with Asian food.
Toss it with red beans and chopped cilantro for an exceptionally good and flavorful meal.
This coconut lime rice recipe is so insanely delicious. I could eat it every day. The basmati rice is the perfect choice for this rice dish. The coconut milk and lime pair perfectly providing a richness and stickiness that’s hard to beat.
Did I mention this coconut lime rice recipe is simple? No? It is. Because sometimes life is just life and you just gotta keep the food really simple.
Like, when you’re in the middle of packing to go on vacation and need something simple to snarf down that is not only quick, but also super healthy. And deliciously delish. That’s not asking for much, is it?
This coconut lime rice recipe is loaded with beans and cilantro with a sweet glaze of coconut that can be whipped up in 30 minutes or less. See. Simple.
This coconut lime rice recipe is:
Has no cholesterol
Is low in sodium
low in sugar
And high in manganese
Enjoy this rice dish! It pairs wonderfully with Asian cuisine.
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut (optional)
- 1 lime zested and juiced
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1 cup cooked red kidney beans
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, stems removed and finely chopped
- Pour rice in a colander and rinse under cold water until water runs clear; drain.
- In a large skillet, warm up coconut oil and butter over medium-high heat. Add rice and coconut flakes and saute for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Whisk in lime juice, coconut milk, broth, beans, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to low. Continue cooking for about 20 minutes or until tender and cooked through.
- Remove from heat, keep covered, and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with fork and toss with cilantro.