- 3 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups ketchup
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup plus 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- Hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef. Add the sliced onion and minced garlic and continue to cook until onions become transparent. Drain the fat from the pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together ketchup, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, Worcestershire sauce, brown sugar, mustard, vinegar and chili powder. Add the hamburger to the sauce and mix well.
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours. Serve it on toasted hamburger buns!
Recipe by Bakerette at http://bakerette.com/slow-cooker-sloppy-joes/