Summer is fast approaching…
You know what that means? Shorts. Swim suits. Summer dresses. You know, all those things that show off your legs.
So who wants super sexy, silky-soft summer legs?
I’m going to show you how with this DIY Skin Smoother that exfoliates your legs to soften, smooth, and make them feel down-right sexy. Did you know that you should exfoliate your skin regularly? Why? Exfoliating allows your skin to breathe. It makes your skin silkier. Your skin feels smoother. Younger. And it will be radiant!
Did you know that shaving doesn’t exfoliate them? I thought it did. Well, okay, let me backtrack…shaving exfoliates the uppermost layer of your skin, but it doesn’t reach down deep to get rid of all of those dead skin cells so your skin can breathe.
When you exfoliate, you’ll want to exfoliate your skin before shaving. Exfoliating before shaving helps raise those little hairs that have been hiding under the surface of your skin so you can easily shave them and get even smoother legs. It’s recommended that you exfoliate once or twice a week.
I stumbled across this DIY skin smoother from One Good Thing By Jillee who got the recipe from MilitaryFit-Bombshell and I wanted to try it. There are so many exfoliators out there, but this one caught my eye. It is sooo simple. I’m all about simple! I’m so glad I tried this!
When I first followed this regime, I was totally grossed out by all the dead skin cells sloughing off. Ugh! I thought I had morphed into a snake and was shedding my skin. I didn’t realize how much dead skin cells there actually were on my body! I bathe every day and use a wash cloth to scrub, but this…THIS exfoliated.
When I finished my beauty treatment…WOW! Silky soft skin! As smooth as a baby’s bum! I was amazed at the transformation. So I didn’t stop at my legs...I exfoliated my whole body and it was AWESOME! It was the perfect Mother’s Day gift to myself. My at-home spa treatment!
The sugar acts as an abrasion to rub off the dirt and dead skin cells deep down in the skin. The lemon juice is a mild skin peeler that reveals radiant, smooth skin. And the olive oil provides long-lasting moisture.
I’m sure you’re all stoked that I have super soft, silky legs but I bet you’re wondering how YOU can get the same? Let’s make it happen:
You Too Can Get Super Sexy Silky-Smooth Summer Legs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup oil (you can use olive oil, coconut oil, baby oil, etc. I used olive oil)
- 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- Razor (this isn't technically an ingredient, but you will need it!)
- In a medium-bowl, mix everything together (ummm, but not the razor) and stir until well incorporated. Store in an air-tight container until ready for use.
- Now find yourself a bathtub and fill it with warm, comfy water and soak your legs for 5 minutes.
- Once your soaking time is up, pour a glob of exfoliater in your hand and rub it all over your legs in firm, circular motions massaging as you go for a couple of minutes! It feels WONDERFUL, huh? (Oh, and don't forget your feet! They'll love you for it!)
- Rinse and shave.
- But wait...you're just getting started! Do it AGAIN! That's right. Exfoliate one more time and rinse off. You can use a mild soap to wash some of the oil off, if desired. I would suggest it for the reason that your tub can get slippery. Yes, I'm speaking from experience. I slipped, fell out of the shower doing a very graceful Ninja-like maneuver. Ummmmm, it wasn't pretty. So I'm sparing you the grief by sharing this small tid-bit of information. You're welcome.
- Dry off and lotion your legs.
- You will have thee most sexy, silky-smooth legs!
- I guarantee you'll be so fascinated by how silky smooth they feel that you'll want to keep rubbing your hands on them. :0)
Now, put on some shorts and go show off those super sexy, silky-soft summer legs!