What’s that saying? “Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.”?
But I don’t mind being fooled by this toffee! Fool’ toffee is a must -have recipe. It’s a crowd pleaser and hard to stop eating once you start!
On the stove, melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar. Bring to a slow boil and boil about 3 minutes until the mixture caramelizes and forms a toffee.
Pour over the crackers…
Using a spatula, spread the toffee mixture completely over the crackers.
Next, add the chocolate chips while the toffee is still warm and allow the chips to soften.
Then spread the chocolate and completely cover the toffee.
Garnish with your favorite nut topping and refrigerate until completely cool and hardened.
Break into pieces and enjoy! Yep, quick and easy! It will become your go-to family recipe for holiday treats (or a quick chocolate fix!).
- 36 (1 sleeve) saltine crackers
- 1 cup dairy-free butter
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 (12 ounces) package dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts of your choice (walnuts, peanuts, pecans, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- Line the crackers side-by-side on the baking sheet making sure not to overlap. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, stir together butter and brown sugar and bring to a slow boil stirring constantly for 3 minutes.
- Pour and evenly spread mixture over crackers and bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and evenly sprinkle entire bag of chocolate chips over toffee. Let sit for a few minutes until the chocolate chips begin to melt. Using the back of a spatula, spread the chocolate to cover toffee completely. Sprinkle with nuts.
- Allow to cool a few minutes and refrigerate until cooled completely. Break into pieces and serve. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator (if there's any left!)