I know, I know, there are a gazillion different smoothie recipes out there that your head is probably spinning. But this fruity green smoothie is delicious (pinky swear) and so worth making. When I concoct something yummy, it’s hard not to share–the recipe that is, the drink is all for me. LOL.
It’s hard fitting in the daily requirements for fruit and veggies and this fruity green smoothie gives you more than a kick-start to get it all in. It has 2 servings of vegetables, and 5 servings of fruit. Sorry, but this recipe doesn’t have chocolate. Depressing, I know, but let’s just change the tune and say that it’s REFRESHING!
Get your fruits and veggie requirements in with this silky smooth, refreshing, nutritious, fruity green smoothie.
The thing I love about smoothies is they are soooooo simple to make. All you do is throw everything in the blender, flip the switch, and wa-la…liquidy goodness that is chock full of vitamins and minerals. Shockingly, you don’t need to add any sweetener; the fruit does it all for you.
I love my smoothies LARGE. I want something I can sip on for a long time and that makes me full until lunch. So I pour this drink into two large glasses, but you can easily make this into 4-5 servings if you want to share. And I do emphasize IF. :)
If desired, you can substitute coconut water for the water. And, you can leave certain fruits out of if you don’t have certain ones on hand, but putting in the whole shebang is totally worth it.
This fruity green smoothie is:
Very low in saturated fat
Low in cholesterol
Low in sodium
High in dietary fiber
High in manganese
High in potassium
Very high in vitamin A
High in vitamin B6
Very high in vitamin C
While you’re into make smoothies, try these other refreshing and healthy smoothie recipes:
- 1/2 cup water (coconut water is delicious too)
- 1 cup baby spinach, firmly packed
- 1 cup kale, roughly chopped and firmly packed
- 1 cup green, seedless grapes
- 1 bartlett pear with core, stem, and seeds removed
- 1 orange, peeled and quartered
- 1 banana
- 1 kiwi, peeled and quartered
- 1 teaspoon flax seeds or chia seeds
- 2 cups ice
- Place all ingredients in a high-speed blender in order listed. Process on low for about 1 minute, then increase to high until smooth and well blended.
- Divide between 2 large glasses and enjoy!