A really delicious combination, garlic roasted asparagus with Parmesan and balsamic vinaigrette.
I found this recipe in Better Homes and Gardens special issue “From Garden to Plate”, however, I chose to adapt it to make it even more flavorful by adding Balsamic Vinaigrette and Parmesan Cheese to the ingredients list and it came out spectacular.. This would be a great side dish with Salmon, Steak, or even poultry. For those who like wine, try it with Ciabatta and Chardonnay.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh asparagus spears
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Balsamic Vinaigrette, to taste (optional)
- Dairy-free Parmesan, to taste (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 Fahrenheit. Snap off and discard woody bases from asparagus.
- Place asparagus and garlic in a 15 x 10 x 1-inch baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is crisp-tender, stirring once halfway through roasting. Serve immediately.
- For a more flavorful dish, drizzle with Balsamic Vinaigrette and vegan Parmesan cheese once you remove from the oven.