Celebrate summer by making this sugar-kissed homemade strawberry lemonade.
It seems like everyone around our state is in some kind of an OMGosh heat wave.
We had the hottest and driest June on record…talk about sweating my patooties off. Seriously. I’m not sure what kind of record, if any, we are having in July, but boy-oh-boy does it feel like I’m still sweating my patooties, boobies–and whatever else rhymes–off.
While everyone is slinking around in their bikinis, stripping down to their bare bottoms, and getting pedicures with neon pink to cool down, I’m sipping down this homemade strawberry lemonade. I know, I’m boring. But, I really don’t think you want to see me in a bikini with cottage cheese thighs, nor will you want to see me stripped down to my bare bottoms because I, well, have only bubbles for boobs and what’s attractive about looking skank? I’m probably saying that because I don’t have the bod to look skank.
Anyhow, I love fresh-fruit drinks and I think you will LOVE this strawberry lemonade mixture sugar-kissed with sweetness. No need to strip down to your bare bottoms to get cool–or be cool–for that matter.
Try these other fab strawberry recipes on Bakerette…
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups fresh and sliced strawberries, hulled
- 1 1/2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 6 medium lemons)
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup chopped strawberries, to garnish
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Mint, to garnish (optional)
- Add sugar and water to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium high heat, stirring constantly. Remove and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, add strawberries into a high-speed blender or food processor and process until well blended.
- Once sugar water is cooled, transfer pureed strawberries into sugar water mixture. Add lemon juice and stir until well combined.
- Transfer to a large pitcher, add water, and mix well. Divide into glasses with ice and garnish with chopped strawberries, sliced lemons and mint.