Lemon Asparagus Fettucine: This easy weeknight meal features fresh asparagus in a light lemony sauce for a deliciously healthy pasta dish.
Can you ever really have too many pasta dishes in your life?
I don’t think so. I have the most simple, flavorful, loaded with healthy ingredients, pasta dish: Lemon Asparagus Fettucine. It takes less than 30 minutes in total to make with only 10 ingredients.
This recipe was born out of my intense love for all things Italian. Remember my copycat recipe for Johnny Carino’s Angel Hair with Artichokes, or my light but intensely-flavored Spaghetti Aglio, Olio, e Peperoncino, or my Canned Roasted Garlic Marinara Sauce? Then you’ll understand why the need to also make this lemon asparagus fettucine pasta dish!
This healthy dinner recipe is:
Low in calories
Low in saturated fat
High in thiamin (vitamin B1)
High in niacin (vitamin B3)
Very high in vitamin C
If you make this recipe, let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe. Better yet, take a picture of your creation and tag @bakerettejen on Instagram! I’d love to see what you’ve come up with!
- 6 - 8 spears asparagus, sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 5 ounces grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
- Juice of 1 lemon or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ounces fettucine
- 1 cup peas
- 4 tablespoons capers
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- Line a baking sheet with foil; set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl toss together asparagus, tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Transfer to prepared baking sheet and grill on high broil until skins on asparagus and tomatoes develop a few blackened spots (about 5 minutes).
- Toss cooked pasta with asparagus mixture, peas, capers, parsley, and any remaining lemon mixture. Serve while warm.