Have you ever tried making bread in the Crock Pot, aka Slow Cooker?
It’s really quite delicious! I’ve made Homemade White Bread in the Crock Pot, Cranberry Orange Bread in the Crock Pot, and Slow Cooker Artisan Bread made from pre-made dough. Now guess what I’ve made? Lemon Poppy Seed Bread in the Crock Pot!
I’ve had people ask me why they should make bread in a slow cooker? Well, my peeps, here’s 4 good reasons…
- It saves energy!
- It doesn’t heat up your home.
- It’s much cheaper to buy a slow cooker than a bread maker to make bread
- There’s no rising, punching down, and rising again.
What are you waiting for? Break out your slow cooker and make this delicious and easy recipe for lemon poppy seed bread drizzled in a nice citrus glaze.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (or juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 teaspoon Lagrima vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon Lagrima vanilla
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Line the bottom of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with parchment paper and coat the inside of the cooker with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, poppy seeds, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients. Add all at once to the flour mixture and stir just until moistened (batter will be slightly lumpy).
- Pour into prepared slow cooker, cover, and cook on high-heat for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the top of the bread appears set. Turn off slow cooker. Carefully remove lid straight up to keep the condensation from dripping onto bread. Cover slow cooker with a kitchen towel, replace the lid over the towel, and allow bread to cool 10 to 15 minutes prior to turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, stir together powdered sugar, vanilla, and lemon juice. Add milk a little at a time to reach desired glaze consistency, Drizzle over bread.