Small in ingredients, large on taste make these microwave chocolate oatmeal bars quick and delicious
You’ve heard of Chicken Soup for the Soul?
My soul wants some CHOCOLATE!
CHOCOLATE is my reward for putting up with so much…kids, work, and just life.
These chocolate oatmeal bars are small in ingredients (5), large on taste. They are so easy to make. No baking. Just pop it in the microwave and it’s done. So quick, easy, chewy, and delicious. Who cares about the calories…
Carbs, schmarbs, let’s just eat the damn chocolate oatmeal bars. :-)
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dairy free butter
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 1 heaping cup dairy-free semisweet chocolate chips
- Grease an 8" x 8" microwave-safe dish; set aside.
- Mix together oats, brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup until well combined. Press down evenly into the prepared dish.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes uncovered. Turn and continue cooking for an additional 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from microwave, evenly sprinkly chocolate chips over oatmeal mixture. Return to microwave and continue cooking for 4 1/2 minutes at 30% power. Remove and with a spoon or spatula gently spread chocolate.
- Place in refrigerator for 1/2 hour or more to set before cutting.
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Magazine, Busy Family Recipes 2014, p121