Today I’ve teamed up with some of my favorite bloggers to help make this New Year just a bit more AWESOME! We are giving TWO of our readers the chance to win $150 AND a fun printable party pack from the amazing Creative Union Design!
That’s right. TWO of you will win $150 and an adorable New Year party pack to help you throw one awesome party. Here are the giveaway details:
To enter, fill in the rafflecopter widget below. Then get your “like” on and follow all those amazing blogs on Facebook and/or Twitter. Please note…we will be verifying the winner has completed their entries.
Want to get a peek at the participating bloggers? You’ll want to check out each site and see some of their amazing projects and recipes!
And what better way to ring in Christmas and the New Year than with this Mulled Cranberry Punch recipe?
What does “mulled” mean? It means to heat, sweeten, and flavor your drink with spices and/or alcohol. For a family friendly affair, simply leave out the alcohol.
For added sweetness and flavor, dip the rim of your cup in sugar!
- 1 orange
- 8 cinnamon sticks, broken
- 8 whole cloves
- 4 whole allspice berries
- 1 32-ounce bottle cranberry juice
- 4 cups water
- 1 (11.5 ounce) can frozen apple-raspberry juice (or white grape-raspberry)
- 1 cup Calvados or other brandy, if desired
- Peel 2- to 3-inch strips of orange skin with a vegetable peeler from one orange avoiding the white pith underneath. Juice the orange.
- Create a spice bag by using a double-thick 6- to 8-inch square of 100% cotton cheesecloth and kitchen twine. Place a stick of cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in the center of the square, bring up corners, and tie closed.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a 3.5- to 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on low heat for 4 to 5 hours or on high for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- Discard spice bag. Add brandy prior to serving, if desired. Serve immediately or keep warm.
Recipe adapted from Better Homes & Garden Holiday Slow Cooker Edition, Jan 2013, p76