Make this perfect cranberry sauce recipe for the holiday table and your guests will be impressed with your culinary skills! It will be a huge hit.
I always thought cranberry sauce would be hard to make or, at least, not worth the effort. Boy, have I been wrong all of these years!!! Believe me, once you taste this cranberry sauce, it will be a regular staple at every holiday dinner. It is the easiest dish to make. You can’t go wrong with this recipe.
The salt and pepper in this recipe is a must, so do not omit!
You can’t go wrong with this recipe and canned cranberry sauce will never compare! This cranberry sauce recipe is just lip-smacking fantastic!
- 12-ounce bag of fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more to taste
- 1 strip orange or lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Add cranberries to a large saucepan and reserve 1/2 cup of the cranberries in a small bowl. Add sugar, orange zest, orange juice to the pan and cook over low heat stirring until sugar dissolves and cranberries soften (about 10 minutes).
- Increase heat to medium and continue cooking about 12 minutes more or until cranberries burst. Reduce heat to low and stir in the reserved cranberries. Add additional sugar, if desired, and salt and pepper to taste. Remove from stove and cool to room temperature before serving.
Recipe inspired by Food Network Kitchen