Pistachio Sugar Cookies are sweet, tender, wonderfully crisp-edged cookies with a pop of pistachio flavor.
My dad has a sweet tooth AND he loves pistachios. I grew up with a bowl of pistachios set on the counter in the kitchen and I’d often here a “crack” of pistachios being shelled and obviously popped into paps mouth!
This sugar cookie recipe has a “pop” of pistachio in it with a wonderful flavor. Paps loves the marriage between sugar cookie and pistachios…it satisfies both the nut lover and the sweet tooth in him (and me).
These pistachio sugar cookies are…
- tender, and a
- wonderfully crisp-edged cookie
Pistachio sugar cookies go perfectly with your favorite frosted topping or dusted with powdered sugar or crystal sugar.
If you are feeling adventurous and want to do a cookie exchange or delight your neighbors with goodies for the holidays, make these other cookies that will make your friends and family drool…
- 1-1/2 cups non-hydrogenated vegan butter
- 1 cup unbleached cane sugar (or granulated sugar)
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup ground pistachios
- 3/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Cream together margarine, sugar, water, and vanilla in a large bowl. Stir in flour, pistachios, tapioca flour, and salt until well combined and a smooth dough is formed. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Divide dough in half. Cover one half and with the other half, roll out to 1/4-inch thickness, cut into desired shapes, transfer to prepared cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly golden brown. Cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to completely cool.
- Store in an air-tight up to one week.
Recipe adapted from VegNews.com