I’ve asked this question before…Is pumpkin the new chocolate? Because I’m really digging it this season. I don’t really care for pumpkin by itself, but I love it when it’s combined with autumn spices, ice cream, yogurt, in a magnificent pie or shake or SMOOTHIE! I bet you thought I was going to say “cheese”, huh? I got’cha there. I know I did.
The concocted smoothie is rich in taste, but not high in fat or calories–73 calories, 1.3 g of fat–it’s deceiving, huh, because it tastes like it has a lot of calories, but in fact, it doesn’t. Very smoothe. Just like a lawyer. So I whipped this up with pumpkin and peaches for a perfect harvest blend. For an added twist, substitute with coconut milk, soy milk, or almond milk.
- 3+ Tablespoons canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie puree)
- 1/2 cup peaches, chopped (either canned, fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 Tablespoon sugar, to taste (optional)
- 1 cup low-fat milk or milk substitute (I use soy)
- 1/2 cup Greek vanilla yogurt
- 1 dash cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 3/4 cup crushed ice
- Combine all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.