These decadent vegan red velvet cupcakes with peppermint cream cheese frosting are ready for any party–perfect for birthdays, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day or Fourth of July! So festive, moist, and delicious.
Merry Christmas! It’s Jen from Bakerette.com and I’m excited to be posting today on Made From Pinterest. How lucky can I be to say hello to you on Christmas day?
Can you believe Christmas is already here?
It’s no secret that Christmas is my favorite holiday of the year. It’s my favorite because it’s so festive with lights gleaming, music streaming, people smiling, and trees sparkling.
And what about all of that Christmas music? My Pandora is set to “Frank Sinatra (Holiday) Radio”. I heart all of the old-time Christmas music–Frank Sinatra, Bing Crosby, Doris Day, Ella Fitgerald, Perry Como, Carpenters, and Elvis Presley. My ring tones are “It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas” and “A Holly Jolly Christmas”. Love.
Oh, and I can’t forget about all of the drooling desserts! All kinds of cookies grace my kitchen, like Coconut, Walnut and Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies, Snowball Cookies, Pistachio Sugar Cookies, and more.
One of my favorite desserts to gift my neighbors are these Red Velvet Cupcakes With Peppermint Cream Cheese Frosting! They are so moist, delicious, and festive. You can make them for any party or festivities–they’re perfect for birthdays, Christmas, New Year’s Eve, Valentine’s Day or Fourth of July!
Have a merry Christmas!
Find more delicious goodies at Bakerette.com
If you make this recipe, let me know by leaving a comment and rating the recipe. Better yet, take a picture of your creation and tag it #bakerettedotcom on Instagram! I’d love to see what you’ve come up with!
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup caster sugar**
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons red food coloring
- 6 ounces cold vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 cup cold vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line cupcake tins with cupcake liners; set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together soy milk and apple cider vinegar; let set for 5 minutes to curdle (this makes a dairy-free buttermilk). Whisk in oil and caster sugar.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and baking powder. Incorporate wet ingredients into dry ingredients.
- Add food coloring. For darker red cupcakes, add more food coloring, and less to make lighter red cupcakes.
- Divide batter between 12 baking cups filling them 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick entered in the center of a cupcake comesout clean. Cool 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- With an electric mixer beat together cream cheese and butter until smooth and creamy. Add peppermint extract and continue beating. Slowly add in confectioner's sugar until frosting is stiff. If you need to add more, do so a little at a time until desired consistency is reached.
Recipe adapted from One Green Planet