This is the perfect snickerdoodle cookie recipe with crispy edges and chewy centers. A crowd-pleaser for sure!
WARNING! Only make this Snickerdoodle cookie recipe if you are prepared to eat half the batch yourself ;). This cinnamon-sugar snickerdoodle cookie recipe won’t fail you. They are
- Quick to make
- Easy to make
My mother got this recipe from an old newspaper clipping and passed it along. Mother always knows best!
- 1 cup vegan butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground chia + 6 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar, for topping
- 3 teaspoons cinnamon, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Mix together ground chia and water and set aside until the texture resembles that of a chicken egg.
- Thoroughly beat together butter, sugar, vanilla, and chia eggs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt
- Blend dry ingredients into butter mixture
- Chill dough and ungreased cookie sheet for about 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
- Scoop 1-inch globs of dough into the cinnamon/sugar mixture and coat by gently rolling balls of dough in the sugar mixture.
- Place on a chilled ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes
- Remove from pan immediately and transfer to a wire rack to cool.