Refreshing lemonade with a twist of watermelon and added blueberries will elevate your summer celebration a notch.
Who pushed fast forward on my summer? This summer just seems to be blowing by so quickly. Can you believe it is JULY FIRST? I feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface of my summer bucket list. I’m not talking about your ordinary what-do-I-want-to-accomplish-in-my-life bucket list, I’m talking about an every day summer list.
Here’s some things on my bucket list to do this summer…
- Go camping at McCall, Idaho (this is a HUGE sacrifice, because my idea of camping is in a hotel/motel)
- Spend time with my son who will be visiting from Charleston, South Carolina
- Read (rather, listen to the audible) of The Count of Monte Cristo (which, by the way, is FIFTY-TWO hours long)
- Go for morning walks and enjoy the sunrise(s)
- Go hiking in the mountains
- Research things to do in France, Belgium, and Germany (yes, we are going to go there this fall!!! Totally psyched. Still pinching myself)
- Have family get-togethers and BBQs
- Drink more watermelon lemonade
You heard it right…watermelon lemonade. Refreshing lemonade with a twist of watermelon and added blueberries. It will elevate your summer celebration a notch.
Now, pour yourself a tall glass, pull up a chair, and tell me about your summer bucket list.
- 5 pounds seedless watermelon, chopped into 1-inch cubes
- 1 bottle (10 ounces) lemon juice
- 6 cups sparkling mineral water
- 3/4 cup cane sugar
- 1 pint blueberries (optional)
- Mint sprigs to garnish (optional)
- In a blender, puree watermelon and lemon juice in batches, if necessary, until smooth. Transfer to a large container. Stir in sparkling water and sugar until sugar is dissolved. Divide between glasses and garnish with blueberries, mint, and additional slices of watermelon, if desired.
Recipe inspired by Whole Foods Market