Welcome to the weekly dish where I blog about my weekly adventures.
So what did I do this week? It’s all been a blur! I don’t remember a week going by so fast than this one!
- Let’s see…oh ya, last weekend I attended a bloggers convention. I came to the realization that blogging is boggling. Seriously. There is so much to think about…SEO, advertising, writing good content, networking, virtual assistants, etc. Once my head stopped spinning, I was able to meet some awesome women and rekindle some old friendships. There are a lot of women out there who are freaking amazing! Check out their incredible blogs. This is me nestled between Cassity of Remodelaholic (left) and Ruthie of What’s Cooking With Ruthie (right). Cassity’s blog shows you how to remodel things in your home on a dime. Some incredible projects that I think even I might be able to do–I think–Wink-wink (Mr Chef and I are dumb and dumber when it comes to house projects). Ruthie has a foodie blog and has some incredible recipes. I am a monthly contributor at Ruthie’s blog. I hope you hop on over and check it out.
- Here are some more amazing women whose blogs you need to check out! Donna of Party Wishes SCV (far left) is a children’s party planner; Toni of Design Dazzle is a designer, party stylist, and DIYer for babies, kids, and teens; and Debbie of Made From Pinterest (far right). Debbie and her sisters make things they find on Pinterest and let you know if they rock or flop. Debbie and her sisters will be regular monthly contributors at Bakerette, so stay tuned to them each month.
- We took the young women in our church to downtown Salt Lake to explore City Creek and the LDS Church Museum. I laughed that the girls spent more of their time in the discovery museum playing dress-ups (think Cinco de Mayo), coloring, etc. Who would’ve thought? I guess we’re all “kids” at heart. Remember my Jello cookies from the other day? Ya. Kids at heart.
- Saturday I attended another Cancer Project class for cancer prevention and survival through nutrition. Did you know that the higher the fat content of a diet, the higher rates of cancer? Did you know that daily consumption of red meat increases colon cancer by three times! Wow. Did you know that the percent of fat calories in Salmon is 40%? Did you know that the average percentage of fat in fish that is saturated “bad” fat is 15-30%? Did you know that 1 million chickens are eaten per HOUR? Did you know that the hotter and longer meat is cooked, the more carcinogens (cancer producing) are formed? Mind blogging, ay?
- Remember last week when I talked about having a “ta-da” list instead of a “to-do” list? Well Saturday I completed my first “ta-da” of the day. I walked 2.5 miles. Ta-da! I have started my walking routine back up and the dogs are loving it!
I post a lot of my pictures to Instagram. Come on over and check it out if you haven’t already!
Until next week, be kind to one another!